A Foreign currency travel card or International travel card is a pre-loaded card that allows you to access money in a foreign currency. It enables you to carry cash in the form of a card. Simply load your single/multi-currency card with the desired currency/currencies as per your requirement. An embedded microchip gives you the supreme level of safety as well as the desired peace of mind.
How Does a Forex Card Work?
At the time of purchasing a Prepaid Forex Card, the card is loaded with funds. A wide variants of currencies such as USD, AED, AUD, CAD, CHF, EUR, GBP, JPY, SGD etc. can be loaded in this card. You can use this card like any debit card, secured with a pin at any access point for making payments and withdrawals at foreign locations. For shopping in overseas countries, you can easily swipe the card at POS hubs and money will be deducted from your account. If the Forex Card needs to be loaded or reloaded with currencies, that can be easily arranged. The balance money can be reloaded anytime either online or by doing a bank transfer of funds to the account.
The prepaid travel card is the most upgraded and smartest alternative for liquid cash. The following are its features:
- It is highly secured with a chip and a PIN number.
- Lost and stolen cards are easily replaced.
- It is easy to load/reload with multiple currencies.
- Can avoid currency fluctuation by loading currency in advance.
- Travel card has got an account management system for an easier reference.
- Can load up to USD 250,000/ FY
- The forex travel card is not connected with your bank account.
- Helps to swap foreign currency worldwide.
Under the Liberalized Remittance Scheme, all resident Indian citizens including minors can avail foreign currency travel cards up to the extent of US$ 2, 50,000. Forex cards are specifically designed for meeting your needs as a traveler. On your overseas trips.